Where is "Nanrunnel"?
Gerhard Torges, geb. Hölscher
2004-07-24 19:23:05 UTC
Hello!

I've been in Cornwall several times and I love it.
I also love Elizabeth George's crime stories with their partially
cornish settings.

Currently I am reading "A suitable Vengeance" which is (partially) set
in a little cornish village named "Nanrunnel". George also mentions St
Buryan, Treen and other real locations, but "Nanrunnel" appears to be
made up by her.

But what really makes me mad is that she has published some photographs
of the "Vengeance" locations on their website, some real (like Lamorna
Cove), some not (Nanrunnel, Howenstow).

Look: <http://www.elizabethgeorgeonline.com/settings-vengeance.htm>

I'd really like to know the real names of "Nanrunnel" and "Howenstow"
shown there. Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance!

Gerhard
Stephen Putnam
2004-07-26 11:21:48 UTC
Post by Gerhard Torges, geb. Hölscher
I'd really like to know the real names of "Nanrunnel" and "Howenstow"
shown there. Does anybody know?
Howenstow looks like Lanhydrock & I think Nanrunnel is Mousehole.
Stephen Putnam http://www.st-ives-vet.co.uk/
St Ives Veterinary Surgery
St Ives, Cornwall
Gerhard Torges, geb. Hölscher
2004-07-26 11:36:41 UTC
Post by Stephen Putnam
Post by Gerhard Torges, geb. Hölscher
I'd really like to know the real names of "Nanrunnel" and "Howenstow"
shown there. Does anybody know?
Howenstow looks like Lanhydrock & I think Nanrunnel is Mousehole.
You're right.
Thank You.

Gerhard